The Tatler

The Student News Site of Celina High School

The Tatler

The Tatler

Nerd Clusters
Nerd Clusters
May 7, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite subject in school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Teacher of Celina High School: Aaron Bowsher

Imagine a world where people could see the exact thoughts of those around them and see their past.

Bowsher as a young child

When you look at someone, you immediately create an image in your mind about what kind of person they might be by their physical appearance and what you’ve heard from others. But, have you ever wondered the parts of their lives that made them who they are today?

Aaron Bowsher is a teacher at Celina City Schools who is a family man and a kind person to everyone. Looking back into his past, he has come across many wonderful things and people. For example, he met his wife when he went to college in Bowling Green. Below are pictures of Aaron Bowsher.

“She was from the other side of the state, and I was from here, and we lived in the same dorm. We got to know each other through my roommate,” Bowsher revealed.

This single moment changed the course of his life, he had four children, one is nineteen years old, another is twenty four, as well as his second oldest child who is twenty seven, and finally, the oldest who is thirty years old. He did not reveal the names of his children due to wanting to keep it private from his students.

One thing Bowsher wishes he could’ve done during the time that he was raising his children, was to be able to talk to his father for advice and comfort. According to him, Bowsher’s father died when he was 22, a young student almost out of college. Even the current classroom Bowsher is in now, used to be his father’s old classroom. His father taught math and died suddenly due to an aneurysm.

Bowsher explained with tears in his eyes, “He was pretty young, it was just a punch in the gut. So you know, you always wish you had more time. I did spend a lot of time with him but he never got to meet my kids. It would’ve been nice to ask him questions when I was raising my kids.”

He was extremely close with his father but thankfully met someone that turned out to have a huge impact on his life. June Scott was Bowshers mentor while he was learning how to be the best teacher he could be. His classroom was across the hall from Bowshers.

Bowsher smiles for the camera

With a smile and light filling his eyes, Bowsher laughed while saying, “We painted together during the summer so we spent a lot of time together. He was like a father to me.”

While talking about certain faults in the school system, Bowsher explained how he felt like kids were not achieving to their full potential because of how obsessed they are with their phones. He revealed how he highly dislikes seeing his students fail or suffer in school due to this issue.

“If I could wave a magic wand, I’d make all cell phones disappear. Just because they’re such a distraction. I mean, students are just not as serious about their studies and it holds them back as adults,” Bowsher said with sadness in his eyes.

Aaron Bowsher is fully content with his life and how it turned out. He met new people with the decisions he made, he’s loved, and he’s lived. Throughout all of the hardships, he still has a smile on his face and corny history jokes that everyone secretly loves.