The Tatler

The Student News Site of Celina High School

The Tatler

The Tatler

Nerd Clusters
Nerd Clusters
May 7, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite subject in school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

How Was Your Day? : Connor Carder

Stories can help shape a person. Connor Carder has a love for these people that share their stories, and

Carder smiles for the camera

the feelings they can provoke out of human beings. 

When Carder was asked to give one word other people would use to describe him, he said, “Creative, because of the weird and out of the box crap I say, and the funny stories I tell”,he says stories can help show people what they can strive to be, even if it’s out of reach. 

He also has an obsession with all things marvel, and thinks everyone should have their thing that lets their imagination explore their interests and have a break from reality. 

One thing that instantly puts a smile on Carder’s face is simply seeing everyone have a good time. He said this is the easiest thing someone can do to brighten a day of a peer, “Just simply ask about their day, it can make your day better as well as theirs”, it’s only a matter of time until you are in their shoes having a bad day and needing some comfort. Cracking a goofy joke or telling another weird story can help too, he said.

Obviously happiness is important to Carder so something he would tell to his younger self is, “To help people out but keep yourself happy, that is the most important part.” He also said his younger self would be proud of him now that he is willing to change and surrounds himself with good, happy people. 

Sometimes it’s hard or just really awkward to approach peers. People tend to stick to what’s familiar because it’s easy. Not Conner Carder though, “I am always happy to talk with someone about any topic, whether it’s about my interests or theirs; It’s good to get out of your comfort zone and approach someone different than you, it usually makes the best friend”, he replied after being asked if he likes being social with people. 

Carder with his family

He says his ideal friend is someone who is kind, loyal and will stay by his side through the highs and lows. Carder believes that everyone should have a person they feel comfortable sharing their hardest moments with as well as their happy ones and that everyone should strive to be that for at least one person. 

He knows and understands that it’s hard not to overthink life but says this, “Just slow down and give yourself some space from your mind”, don’t take everything too seriously, and go tell your friend a joke.