The Tatler

The Student News Site of Celina High School

The Tatler

The Tatler

Nerd Clusters
Nerd Clusters
May 7, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite subject in school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Day of 9/11

It was just a normal day in New York City on the day of September 11th, 2001.  Traffic barking, people walking to work, cars honking. When two planes struck the north and south Twin Towers ( Trade centers ). Later that day they both fell down to the ground wiping out the tallest towers in New York City. 2,996 people lost their lives. People that have been impacted have many stories and tramas. But what about the people that werent there? Ever wonder what it’s like for people to watch everything on screen or hear everything on the radio? 

Lyndsey Frahm, a 39 year old born and raised in Celina Ohio, has her story to tell. She was a sophomore at Celina High School at the time. She was 15 years old and sitting in her history class. Her teacher turned on the TV and they all sat in silence while watching the news. Some in fear, angry, and just confused. But Lyndsey was numb. She had no feelings. 

I asked her what her thoughts where while watching or hearing about what was going on in the world. “I didn´t have feelings really. It was happening and I just could not take my eyes off the screen.¨ To her it seemed to be unreal, like it was not happening and it was just a dream.

She started in Penhorwoods class and ended in Ellingers. Those were the teachers that witnessed what was happening with her and other students as well. They were all in fear and shocked at the same time. No one knew what to think. But they knew this would be a tragic story that would end up in the history books. 

Lyndseys kids, Rhylee Bonifas and Emri Dixon learn about the tragic accident that happened every year. ¨ It’s sad to see what happened and my heart is full of heavy emotions. During the time period of the year when it happened TikTok is full of the most saddest videos and I almost cry while watching them¨, Rhylee, her oldest stated. Emri stated ,¨ it is sad to see what really happened even though I was not even thought of at the time. But it showed how millions of people in America and the UK came together as one and was united by the tragic incident.¨ 

Though it did not impact her physically and she was not even there mentally. She watched and heard everything. The screens were filled with horror and it is like she was right there the whole time. She could hear the screaming from through the screen while reporters took action and told everyone in America that the world trade center had been hit. But on that day, the twin towers were not the only thing that was damaged. The Pentagon in Washington DC got hit and thousands got hurt. 

They swtitched over to the pentagon and were on and off from Washington DC to New York. 184 people died during the attack at The Pentagon and more where ingured. The fear and terror brought anger and frustration. 

Lyndsey and many others felt like the day was just a dream. We all feel heavy emotions eveyrtime the day rolls around. She´s experienced anger, sadness, confusion but she never let anything from stopping her. When I asked about emotion she could not give me a quick answer. She had to think back to what the day was really like and relive the nightmare again. She did a great job telling me her story and did her best trying to go back in time.